WEnRV travel news, products, and industry trends
RV of the Day - Avion
Avion is a well-known brand of travel trailers and recreational vehicles (RVs) that gained popularity for its high-quality construction and distinctive design. Here's some information about Avion RVs:
- The Avion brand was established in the mid-20th century and was known for producing aluminum travel trailers and motorhomes.
- Avion was originally a division of the aircraft manufacturer "The American Aviation Industries." The company applied its expertise in aircraft construction to create lightweight, durable, and aerodynamic RVs.
- Aluminum Construction: Avion RVs were constructed with aircraft-grade aluminum, making them lightweight, durable, and resistant to rust and corrosion.
- Aerodynamic Design: Avion's aerodynamic design contributed to improved fuel efficiency and stability on the road.
- High-Quality Interiors: Inside Avion RVs, you could find well-crafted interiors with attention to detail and high-quality materials.
- Classic Aesthetics: Avion RVs had a distinctive and timeless look, often characterized by their polished aluminum exteriors and rounded corners.
- Avion produced a variety of travel trailers and motorhomes over the years, including models like the Avion H-24, Avion T-20, Avion C-11, Avion La Grande, and more.
- Some Avion trailers featured slide-out sections to provide additional interior space when parked.
- Avion RVs have a dedicated following among vintage RV enthusiasts and collectors who appreciate their classic design and craftsmanship.
- While the original Avion company is no longer in operation, many of these vintage RVs have been lovingly restored and are still in use today.
- In recent years, there has been a resurgence of interest in vintage Avion trailers, and some owners have undertaken restoration projects to bring these classic RVs back to their former glory.
Restoring and owning a vintage Avion RV can be a labor of love for enthusiasts who value the history and craftsmanship of these iconic vehicles. It's a way to enjoy the nostalgia of a bygone era while experiencing the joys of RV travel.